Sunday, February 3, 2008

thinking back about all of it

I don't remember missing anything while in CT and off I flew to Madison, WI a year ago. I had 2 days of laughter and testing nearly every coffee shop in the city.

On to Portland, OR I felw. I recall thinking my bobbs were rather sore & that I'd be getting it very soon, but in that same moment wondering if ther was any possibility I could be pregnant and yet again in that some moment thinking noway , not me!

On to Washington, DC for another few days where I don't recall thinking abiut it at all and down to West Palm Beach, where I remember thinking the heat was making me sick to my stomach. But again not thinking I oculod be pregant, yet knowing when clothes shopping that my boobs hurt & clothes felt strange.

Driving down to Key West, I felt car sick, which is strange as normally I'm fine if I'm driving. Got to Key West and again heat made me knackered & slightly not hungry, but heat as the affect so no biggy right? Drank margos and chatted with my dear friend Miss B about moving for my new job & my fresh start with the job.

Somewhere along the way on route one northbound I pulled over to put the top up on teh convertible I'd rented for the week when I felt rather sick & suddenly it hit me, I was probably prgnan.

Still to this day, about a year later me saying that sounds "weird". Me, miss responsible, miss always got ti togheter, miss adventure, miss noboyd's gonna stop me now, me, meiss pregant with a baby & no real father to speak of that's not to say he was unknown, or unsupportive, but our relationship status left much to be desired (aka very unknown).

Flying abck into Bradley, M picked me up and we drove home to A&J's house. We fell right back into our normal routeine, since he had to work the next day. But just before nodding off I spoke up & to be turthful I'm not sure what/how I said it - I slightly, recall me saying I had something timportant I was worried about & during a pause he said are you pregnant. Buf those details maybe incorrect as muchy of these few weeks now seems to be a blur!

I left the following mornign to head to my sis' and get ready for Thanksgiving with my friend PC and his family. On my way to grab a sweater for turkey day, I grabbed a pregnancy test. After eating 1/2 bowl of mach & cheese before feeelings ick, I couldn't wait any longer so I read the instructions & peed on the stick only to watch it instantly got + but I left it the full 5 mins ya know in case . . . same + then as well!

The shock was over whelming - pregnant - who do I call? what do I say? Should I cancel on thanksgiving palns or try to limp through?

I cried myself to sleep that night while watching Grey's Anatomy.

Next morning I called SM and told her & asked for her advice - she offered full support but only had the same 3 options I had come up with already (keep it, give it up, abortion)

Next I called M to tell him the thing I worried about was a reality, now maybe that was unfair to surprise him with teh news on a holiday only hours before he was going to see his family but I needed to hear his voice & his reaction - which was similar to mine disbelife this was happening to us, but that he'd support me whatever I chose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home